Sunday 24 April 2011

Easter and India


(picture borrowed from here)


Hi guys!

I'm sorry. I had planned to start posting the photos of the last few days tonight but the Easter holidays and invitations to the family frustrate my plans. It's been insanely hectic for me since Thursday, I've been going to and fro by car and bus from A to B to C and back to A again, horrible! I wish I could have at least tomorrow or Monday all for myself but I can't. It was not until one hour ago that my Dad told me I'll have to be at his place at 10.30 am tomorrow because they're going to have an Easter brunch with my father's part of the family. I had thought I have to be there at teatime! And now he tells me 10.30, awesome... Now figure in 1 hour for me to get dressed and all in the morning plus 1½ hours trainride, so I'll have to get up at 8 am, awesome...




Anyway, now instead of posting the said photos I want to tell you something about an awesome blog I found!

183 days in India

On one of the trainrides I flipped through the German Glamour magazine where they mentioned this blog in a little recap article of 10 years Glamour. Back at home I checked it out and started reading and then it really pulled me in.

The blog was written by a Southafrican woman named Olga, who went on a missionary journey through India on her motorcycle in 2010. The fact alone that she really did that is pretty amazing to me! Then the article had a few lines about what she did there: it says she cooked for street children and teached English to them, happened to play in three Bollywood movies, worked at the Mother Teresa home in Calcutta and so on...
I'm not even through with reading about her first 3 months there, but I hope I'll have the time to continue reading on Monday. It's so interesting! I'm a sucker for travelogues anyway...

So if you're interested in India, travelling and authentic descriptions of everyday life you should check it out, it's very good!


Happy Easter to all of you!
I'll probably (hopefully) be back with the mentioned photos tomorrow night.
And I'll try to get back to all your nice comments asap too!

Share this article :

3 comments:

  1. I hope you have a happy easter!
    The article sounds like an interesting read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy easter! OOh wow, sounds like a pretty interesting blog, will have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an incredible bag!!! I will definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate every single one! <3

 

bad taste toast Copyright © 2013 Minima Template
Designed by BTDesigner Published..Blogger Templates · Powered by Blogger