Wednesday 27 July 2011

budapest day 3



Hi guys!

I am SO tired! I've been awake since 7 am and th day was pretty exhausting but I', really having a blast here. I worked from 8.30 to 5 again today and afterwards one of my student co-workers again offered to join me this evening because I had planned to visit the beautiful Buda castle in the Buda hills. It was the same girl that had already showed me around a bit yesterday and I love it that we get along so well, it's as if I was exploring Budapest with a local friend. We chat and grab some food and walk around and she explains things to me, we talked about the Communism and how Hungary changed after the government had changed, talked about travelling, she adviced me on which snack bars are good and cheap and all. I'm really haviing a surprisingly good time in this city :)


the funicular (cog-wheel railway) to the Buda Castle


view from the terrace on the way up


in the castle's frontyard


view on the Szabadság híd (Liberty Bridge)


For tomorrow another one of my student co-workers offered to show me around, she has a kind of tourist guide degree and she is a very lively girl so I think it will be fun to walk around the city with her too. I think my co-worker I spent the evening with yesterday and today will also join us again and I'm already looking forward to getting to know more about Budapest.
Seriously, if you guys ever happen to be here or if you have the chance to go here you really should, it's a beautiful and interesting place for sure.


adornment on one of the castle gates


view from the backside of Buda Castle


Halászbástya (Fisherman's Bastion)


view from Halászbástya (Fisherman's Bastion)


Today I also got the confirmation of my German supervisor that I will be returning to Budapest for another four days to instruct my co-workers a little longer, so if I don't manage to visit everything I want to see this week I can still do it next week.
I really hate being away from Patrick for so long and I wish that he could be here so we could explore the city together but at least I have the girls from the office that plan a different sightseeing tour for each evening for me ;)


a street on the way back down to Pest



one of the many lovely shop signs in Buda

So, my résumé for today is: being a tourist is tiring but awesome :)
Happy Tuesday!

Share this article :

5 comments:

  1. Aw Ich freu mich für dich, dass alles so cool ist!

    Deine Bilder sehen auch sehr schön aus, nur leider sind die horizontalen so klein, dass man kaum was erkennt. Wieso machst du die rechts sidebar nicht enger und die Bilder größer? Oder hat das einen praktischen Grund?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving reading about your little adventure and it's so great that you've found some friendly locals to show you the ropes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I like this post so much, you look really great!And you take a lot of beutiful pics!
    If you want come and visit my blog, and if you like, follow me!I'll be waiting for you!

    http://cosamimetto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow especially love the photos on the way back to pest!

    http://moncheri-lily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate every single one! <3

 

bad taste toast Copyright © 2013 Minima Template
Designed by BTDesigner Published..Blogger Templates · Powered by Blogger