Thursday 8 January 2015

bunnies and camera issues





Hello hello!

How have you been?
I am tired. I was unemployed for two months when I came here to Perth and I have to admit getting used to doing nothing was so easy. I enjoyed sleeping in and having time to cook, watch TV, explore the new neighbourhood and all.
This week I have started my new job at a recruitment agency and love it to bits already! It's just so hard to change my sleeping pattern again. I'm really tired every day and first have to find a certain groove and daily routine again. Bear with me, the blogging and taking pictures routine will be back soon and until then you will have to stand my whinges about my lack of sleep. 

 
// jacket: fleamarket (h&m) // dress: dotti // tights: dangerfield //

Speaking of photo taking for the blog: 
I know I shouldn't criticise my own pics, especially not when I still upload them despite the criticism, BUT seriously what the hell is wrong with my camera?!
I admit my photos here have never been professional (I'm still a DSLR noob after all these years) but they used to look clearer, sharper and better some months ago.
Not sure if that really is the case but I think my camera does "that" (whatever it is) since I came to Australia. I fear it maybe got a tiny bit broken or at least damaged somehow while it was in my hand luggage. Or the settings were changed or whatever. I don't know... 
All I know is that my photos have a much poorer quality than before. I have already played around with the settings but couldn't achieve better results.
Look at the pics above and how grainy they are. I can only show you these two because all the other ones from this shoot looked awful quality-wise.

Does any of you clever DSLR people have any idea what could be wrong?
I have a Canon Eos 1000D with the (crappy) EF-S 18-55mm lens.
My boyfriend says my lens looks scratched, but that does not make the whole image grainy, does it?
I was thinking maybe it's the different light here in Australia (much more sunlight) and I just haven't found the right settingsfor the new environment yet.

What do you think? Do you have some advice or helpful links maybe?

Happy Thursday everyone!
Share this article :

10 comments:

  1. Wie süß die Strumpfhose ist!

    www.missysworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid I don't know much about DSLR cameras and their settings but I love the photos of you in your pretty outfit. The dark colour, contrasting white collar and high-waisted styling of your Dotti dress looks lovely styled with your Dangerfield cat face tights.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tights! They are so cute! I'm glad you are enjoying your new job, changing the sleeping pattern is so hard - I still struggle it now! I'm not the best with cameras so I hope you get it sorted!! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could help you with your camera issues, but I have a rather crappy camera, but I am saving this year to upgrade.
    I'm so tired this week too, getting back to work after the Christmas break, maybe we should have some early nights :)

    Gems x
    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  5. There could be something broken on your camera, it is quite sensitive equipment.
    Maybe it needs cleaning, clean the lens carefully and you can let some camera service clean inside.
    If you have an issue with sharpness of your pics try using a placeholder (put it where you want to stand in your pic) autofocus on it and then switch the autofocus to manual focus, then use the selftimer. You can also try some postproduction in photoshop.
    Try taking pics in manual mode, it usually has better outcomes than the auto mode, just play with it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the tights! Maybe the lens has some dust on it, I do clean mine with a screen cleaner that I use for my computer screen. It's possible to get dust inside too if you take it off too much, but to be honest I'm no expert and I wouldn't know where to start.

    If the light is a problem for the exposure, you might have more luck increasing the f number. Normally I'd use a f/1.6 but if you increase to something like f/5.6 that will shut out some of the light :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. DSLR cameras are a mystery to me! But I hope someone can help you out - I think your photos still look great. I am loving your bunny tights - so cute! You will get used to full time work, it just takes time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know a thing about cameras. I still use a 14px point and shooter. I can't afford any better! LOL!! Despite the graininess you still still super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just had three weeks between leaving my old job and starting my new one and it has been so hard to adjust! Getting up in the morning when it's still dark is the worst. Good luck with your new job!
    Cx
    charliedistracted.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not sure what's wrong with your camera. You may be able to have it looked at at a camera repair place? A scratched lens probably could make the whole picture look grainy. Or something's up with your iso settings?

    But anyway, I feel you with getting back into a routine. It can be so hard! At least you look super adorable in your bunny tights.

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate every single one! <3

 

bad taste toast Copyright © 2013 Minima Template
Designed by BTDesigner Published..Blogger Templates · Powered by Blogger