Thursday 22 January 2015

recovering...please wait


Hello loves!

Yup I'm still alive, just struggling with a little ailment a bit.
I have so many ideas for new posts in my head and have been determined to finally prepare some new posts for the blog but never felt like it when I got home from work.

My problem at the moment is my right foot.
I have a very rare version of port-wine stains (dark red birthmarks) on my right leg all the way down to the tip of my pinky toe. Now one spot of these red stains is scratched open from an outdoor activity, it doesn't want to close anymore and is inflamed. As these stains are such a rare thing no doctor ever knew what to do about it when an inflammation occured - and that's the case again now.
I put iodine on the wound and wear special band-aids which I change at least twice a day but there is still no healing in sight. Last time when I had this problem the wound was open for a total of 2,5 years and then one day suddenly started healing. It's still a mystery why and how it did this, but it did.
I believe it's the same this time, I just have to be patient and wait until it goes away (f*cking hard I tell you).
It wouldn't be so annoying if the open wound didn't hurt like hell sometimes. Several times a day I get episodes of this sudden stinging pain in the wound which feels like a very fine needle poking the inflamed area. It can really drive you nuts because there's hardly anything you can do about it.

I haven't been sleeping much since Monday as these episodes of pain are especially bad at night. I've been feeling physically and mentally tired and this is the reason why I don't feel like going online after work. 
It will get better soon, I just have to try and make the wound heal somehow. For the moment I'm taking a little break from blogging so I can recover.
I will look after the wound, rest myself, eat healthily, do yoga to relax body and mind and carefully work out to keep the foot fit despite the pain.

I'll be back soon (probably next week).
Until then you can follow Bad Taste Toast on Instagram where I post pics daily!
Share this article :

8 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon chick!!
    Sal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sorry to hear this - wishing you a speedy recovery xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohjeee gute Besserung und lass dich nicht unterkriegen!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a port wine stain too. Splotches go from the back of my thigh, behind my knee and then on the bottom side and bottom of my foot. I've never been injured on the mark and now I'm going to be extra careful I never do!! Eeekkk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to read of the open wound you're suffering with in one of your rare version port-wine stain birthmarks. I can also sympathise with you having insomnia. Having insomnia can be awful just in itself and can close to ruin a day. For me it necessitates drinking massive quantities of coffee just to avoid walking into doors.
    Thank you very much for your comment on my last post titled "THANK YOU 2014 Commenters, Bbloggers Beauty and Makeup Haul, No Pants Subway Ride 2015". They really should rename it the "No Trousers" subway ride since pants means trousers in the U.S..
    I hope you'll take extra care, get some much needed sleep, eat right, take your vitamins, and pray you will heal up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no - I hope that you are OK and have a speedy recovery! Will be thinking of you xxx

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im so sorry to read this, hope you are better now!:)

    www.kmeetsstyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate every single one! <3

 

bad taste toast Copyright © 2013 Minima Template
Designed by BTDesigner Published..Blogger Templates · Powered by Blogger